Friday, April 1, 2011

settling in Iqaluit

so I have been here for about 2 and half weeks now and im settling into the flow of the town. Ive been going to the gym a few times a week and, mixing in some runs for good measure. Running on the packed ice roads really makes you work on your pose running tech in a hurry. I also think that every time I go to the gym im going to be told that its my last. I really have forgot what a "normal" gym is like. I really cant understand how people think that some the movements they are doing are beneficial, but to each there own. Today I was doing some overhead squats and when I would jerk the bar off my shoulders and stomp my landing I think all 15 people in the gym looked at me like I was some kind of freak. I was also told that its harder to bench all the way to your chest, so not to bother, since I would be able to life more if I didnt. I didnt know what to say so I kindly thanked the guy for the advice and carried on with what I was doing. I think I then blew his mind by doing a 10minute amrap with pullups, HSPU and double unders in it........ After he said hes never seen some one do a Handstand push up before..... But over all its a nice place run mostly by Volunteers and there seem to be some cool folks there..... Mind you not that any one talks to each other...

So this time next week, Miss Kellie Jane Moore will be joining me up here in the arctic, and I have to say that I cant wait.

Other than that things are going well up here, and it looks like im going to be staying about a month longer than expected.

Boz

1 comment: