Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mt Harvey Summit

This is from a few months ago, but I just found it on my Camera.

Mt Harvey is a lowish mountain by Lions bay, you use the same trail as the lions. Its a great little day trip that for some reason sees little to no traffic. Considering its only a few minutes outside of Vancouver it doesn't really make sense to me. I ran up there one day after getting my new Dynafit TLT5P boots and I have to say that they are the most amazing ski touring boots that I have every used!! if you can make them fit you there worth every penny!!!!!
So I think that it took me about 5hrs round trip and that included running out of water and having to try and eat noone tablets with out water, (this is not recomended and almost casuse me to puke) to see if I could stop the cramping in my legs. I remember the weather was said to be cold and windy, so I packed and dresses accordingly and ended up with warm, sunny little to no wind until the summit. Overall it was a great day with my dog keon out in the mountains. The amazing views off the summit make it worth doing alone, and there is some nice skiing in the area as well. I'm sure with the huge snow base this year there is still lots of time to get up there and enjoy a mellow spring day on the north shore mountains.


2 comments:

  1. I've been up there a few times on foot. Good alternative to the Lions. However most times I've been struck by low Vis and rain by the NW shoulder.
    Good to hear you are doing well Chris.

    -A C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well in the North! The south has been amazing. Sunny and warm! Seen some amazing things and met some amazing people. I'm back in Canada next week. Was hoping to see you, but from your blog I see you are away! Next time your around, give me a shout and we can have a coffee.

    Wishing you all the best
    -Little J

    ReplyDelete