Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not the Happiest of Weeks,

This last week has been hard to say the least.

On Saturday my Mother called me to tell me that my Grandmother had suffered a major stroke and in a coma in the hospital. The the news was very hard to hear. By mid day sunday my amazing Loving Grandmother Joan Bozman had passed away. I have and always will love my her. She was an amazing lady that taught me many things over the years. I know that I wont be the only one who will miss her dearly.
Kellie and I will be leaving Iqaluit in the next day or so to attend the funeral, Its the first time that Im not looking forward to some time out of the territory.

Monday when we woke up we were greeted by billowing clouds of smoke coming from around the Ventures area (Ventures or Officially Arctic Ventures is one of the 2 grocery and everything stores in town). We latter found out that a hole row of town houses had burned down. The worst news was that 2 people died during the fire. Bellow are some photos i took today of the smouldering mess that once was home to many people.







Im hopping the next pots will be a little more up beat,

Boz out.


No comments:

Post a Comment